A Carolina Hurricanes blog with occasional news about the rest of the NHL.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Game three tonight

The Canes will take on the Sabres at HSBC arena for game three of the Eastern Conference finals.

The Canes absolutely dominated game two on all fronts, and I expect the Sabres to bounce back. The Canes knew that they couldn't match speed for speed, so they leaned heavily on their size and strength to assert their authority in game two. The Sabres can't answer that call, but they'll find some other way to come at the Canes.

I will be heading to Raleigh tonight to take the game in at the CoolBars thing. It'll be my first time doing that, and I'll be with my friend Amanda (the Sabres fan). She already knows what she's getting into.

This should be a great game, and like I said, Buffalo will find a way to assert their own authority. I still think that despite what some "experts" are saying, we should look for a low scoring affair. My heart says 3-1 Canes. My head says depending on how the first period goes, it will either be 3-2 Canes or 4-2 Sabres. Don't ask me to explain the disparity.

Puck drop at 7:30

No comments:

disclaimer

Red And Black Hockey is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Carolina Hurricanes Hockey Club, the National Hockey League or any of its other member clubs. The opinions expressed herein are entirely those of RBH. Any comments made are the opinion of the commenter, and not necessarily that of RBH.
Whenever possible, RBH uses its own photography. Any incidental use of copyrighted material including photography, logos or other brand markings will not interfere with the owner's profits.