A Carolina Hurricanes blog with occasional news about the rest of the NHL.

Thursday, December 29, 2005

Sens win 6-2

Carolina got completely crushed on Wednesday night. The score was 6-2, but it wasn't even that close. All throughout the game, the Sens showed why they're the number one team in the Eastern Conference. They outskated Carolina, played VERY well on special teams (even scoring two shorthanded goals, and they were very aggressive with their checks.

In the first period, there were revolving doors on both penalty boxes. Carolina had two five-on-three segments, but failed to come through. That was a harbinger of things to come. Carolina had ten power play chances and only converted on one of them. They also gave up two shorties. I could blame Bret Hedican, I could blame Marturs Gerbe, but the fact of the matter is, Ottawa was really on their game.

I have to seriously tip the ole ball cap to Dominik Hasek, who was absolutely standing on his head. Carolina has many quality chances, but he was up to the task in stopping 35 tries.

Lucky for me, I didn't watch the game live, as Wednesday night is Scrabble night. When I got home, I watched the DVR, and I was in horror the whole time.

Better luck tonight when we take on the "pouting petulant prima donna" and the Flyers in our own barn. Of course he's on the IR, so we won't even get to boo his sorry ass. I guess we'll have to pick on Freddy Meyer IV. I still want to know if he's related to this Fred Meyer. Anybody know?

I'm on my way out the door right now.

No comments:

disclaimer

Red And Black Hockey is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Carolina Hurricanes Hockey Club, the National Hockey League or any of its other member clubs. The opinions expressed herein are entirely those of RBH. Any comments made are the opinion of the commenter, and not necessarily that of RBH.
Whenever possible, RBH uses its own photography. Any incidental use of copyrighted material including photography, logos or other brand markings will not interfere with the owner's profits.