A Carolina Hurricanes blog with occasional news about the rest of the NHL.

Thursday, August 07, 2008

Box break 1, part 1

I just opened the first 12 packs from the first of two 24-pack boxes, and things have gone very well so far.

The first pack yielded a David Vyborny Gold Parallel card and four regular cards that I already had. My hopes were in the gutter at that point.

The second pack had a Kyle Wellwood GP and a Jonathan Sigalet rookie card, plus three regular cards that I needed: Dustin Boyd, Brian Rolston, Philippe Bouchard.

Pack three had a Henrik Zetterberg GP and four regular cards I needed: Brad Richards, David Legwand, Freddy Modin and Dion Phaneuf.

Pack four had a Sergei Federov GP and four cards that I needed: Mats Sundin, Georges Laraque, CuJo and Peter Budaj.

The fifth pack had a Johan Holmqvist GP and an Alexander Ovechkin Ultra Action card that I already have. It also had three cards that I needed: Emmanuel Legace, Patrick O'Sullivan and Scott Niedermayer.

Pack six had a Simon Gagne GP, a jersey/auto decoy and four cards that I needed: Johan Holmqvist, Ryan Smyth, Henrik Zetterberg and Tim Thomas. The Holmqvist card completed the Lightning team set.

Pack seven had an Andy McDonald GP (as well as a McDonald regular card), one card that I already had and three that I needed: McDonald, Freddy Norrena and Paul Stastny. Stastny completes the Avalanche set.

Pack eight had a Noah Welch GP and an Aaron Rome rookie card, two cards that I already had and one that I needed: Tomas Kaberle.

The ninth pack had a Tomas Vokoun GP and four cards that I needed: Chris Clark (completes the Capitals team set, Doug Weight (completes the Blues set), Antero Niittymaki and Teemu Selanne.

The tenth pack had a Tomas Vokoun GP, a Joe Thornton Season Crown (assists leader) card, and three cards that I needed: Darcy Tucker (completes the Leafs set), Rick DiPietro (completes the Islanders set) and Gilbert "shoulda been drafted by Carolina" Brule (completes the Dinner Jackets set).

Pack 11 had a Joe Thornton GP and a Brad Stuart Ultra Uniformity jersey card. It also had four regular cards that I needed: Bill Guerin, Jay Bouwmeester (completes the Panthers set), Robert Lang (completes the Red Wings set) and Ryan Getzlaf.

Pack 12 had a Patrick O'Sullivan GP and four regular cards that I needed: Dany Heatley, Jaro Jagr, Hepatitis Boy and Patrick Sharp.

Of these 12 GP cards, I didn't already have any of them. I've had very good luck with the first half of this break, getting 37 of the 73 cards I was looking for, and only seven cards that I already had.

I imagine from here on out, I won't be as lucky.. I'll be back in a little while with the second half of box one.

No comments:

disclaimer

Red And Black Hockey is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Carolina Hurricanes Hockey Club, the National Hockey League or any of its other member clubs. The opinions expressed herein are entirely those of RBH. Any comments made are the opinion of the commenter, and not necessarily that of RBH.
Whenever possible, RBH uses its own photography. Any incidental use of copyrighted material including photography, logos or other brand markings will not interfere with the owner's profits.