A Carolina Hurricanes blog with occasional news about the rest of the NHL.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Schedules released today!

Sometime this afternoon, while I am working, the NHL will release the schedules for 2006-07.

I'm hoping that the southeast hosts the northwest and visits the central. I would have an excuse to go visit my friend in Nashville.

Then again, I'd sure like to plan a trip to Vancouver. I'm already tentatively planning a trip to Buffalo, and a trip to Atlanta, and at least one to DC for road games.

I say all of this as if I have piles of money to spend on traveling expenses and game tickets.

Anyway, I won't know until I get home tonight sometime around midnight. Expect a full-on post about the schedule tomorrow morning. If I were betting, I would say that we'll open the season at home and the Thrashers will be our opponent.


EDIT
Scratch all that. Carolina opens at home against the Slugalo Sabres on October 4. Viva's birthday, and the day after my own birthday. I won't tell you how old I'll be.

We're hosting the Pacific and visiting the Northwest. Looks like I better start saving up for a flight to Vancouver.

1 comment:

doug said...

bummer, no nashville game. ah well...you're welcome to come anytime though!

disclaimer

Red And Black Hockey is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Carolina Hurricanes Hockey Club, the National Hockey League or any of its other member clubs. The opinions expressed herein are entirely those of RBH. Any comments made are the opinion of the commenter, and not necessarily that of RBH.
Whenever possible, RBH uses its own photography. Any incidental use of copyrighted material including photography, logos or other brand markings will not interfere with the owner's profits.