A Carolina Hurricanes blog with occasional news about the rest of the NHL.

Saturday, October 08, 2005

Taking the term "injury bug" literally¹

I was taking a peek at the list of injured NHL players, and I saw one I thought was odd. Leafs defenseman Wade Belak is out with a spider bite. Get that? A spider bite. I thought it was pretty goofy until I read this article from the Toronto Star. Turns out, it's quite serious. What makes it even more strange is that he has been the victim of a serious spider bite on at least one other occasion.
I don't get it.
There are a ton of groin injuries across the league, which is common early in the season. Included among those is the 260 pound Keith Tkachuk. Jes Gölbez asks "How do you pull fat?"

¹ I know... A spider isn't an insect, and thus wouldn't be termed "bug", but just give me a little slack.

No comments:

disclaimer

Red And Black Hockey is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Carolina Hurricanes Hockey Club, the National Hockey League or any of its other member clubs. The opinions expressed herein are entirely those of RBH. Any comments made are the opinion of the commenter, and not necessarily that of RBH.
Whenever possible, RBH uses its own photography. Any incidental use of copyrighted material including photography, logos or other brand markings will not interfere with the owner's profits.