A Carolina Hurricanes blog with occasional news about the rest of the NHL.

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Adams family reunited?

I have no idea what's going on in Peter Karmanos' head.
During the off-season, we let Craig Adams walk. He signed with The Los Angeles Mighty Ducks of Anaheim. Kevyn Adams(no relation) got to take the "K." off the back of his sweater.

Hold the phone.

Yesterday, we traded defenseman Bruno St. Jacques for Craig Adams. St. Jacques had just been sent down to Lowell. He arrived in Carolina in the Sami Kapanen-for-St.Jacques and Krispy trade.
I'm not sure I get it. We don't need Craig Adams unless we're planning on trading Jesse Boulerice. His role is to be an agitator and will contribute maybe 20 points if he plays on the big team.
We don't have a need for two fourth line enforcers, and Craig's offensive upside is much better than the Bull's, which makes me suspect that Boulerice is going to be packaged in a trade. Maybe to the cash-strapped Devils. Don't quote me on that. It's just an idea.

Someone call the team seamstress and have lots of "K." plates made for Kevyn's sweater.

I have a lot of memories of Craig being a better enforcer than Jesse ever was, anyway. He might not drop the gloves as often, but he'll make you pay if he does. I remember one really lengthy fight he had with the entire Capitals team after Jason Doig put a really hard and questionable hit on Erik Cole (at least I think it was Cole). Doig had, just a couple of weeks prior, been suspended by the league for a kneeing incident against Kevyn Adams, so we owed him one anyway. The fight went on and on with not a lot of action other than pushing and wrestling, but at the end of it all, C. Adams made a throat-slashing gesture towards Doig, which was not penalized by the league.

Really, the only way I see C. Adams playing on the big club is if we have some plans to dispose of Jesse. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see some trade involving multiple players going to Jersey. Keep your eyes peeled.

On a housekeeping note, I finally added sidearm delivery to the blogroll. He doesn't always write about hockey, but it's always good. I've also added one more to the Canes blogroll. Welcome aboard, CasonBlog. Please let me know if you want me to add anything else to the blogrolls.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to join the dialog. I thought for a while I was the only 'Cane blogger out there. It will be great to banter about a team the rest of the league and all media will more than likely ignore.
R,Scott

Anonymous said...

"C" is heading to Lowell. The word on the street is that he refused a two way contract. When he wouldn't agree, JR let him walk. Now he gets him back in Lowell where JR wanted him all along. IMO good ridance to Bruno, I have never been too high on him anyway (I know many people loved him, but they must have been watching a different game). Love your blog! I start my nightly hockey watch right here...

disclaimer

Red And Black Hockey is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Carolina Hurricanes Hockey Club, the National Hockey League or any of its other member clubs. The opinions expressed herein are entirely those of RBH. Any comments made are the opinion of the commenter, and not necessarily that of RBH.
Whenever possible, RBH uses its own photography. Any incidental use of copyrighted material including photography, logos or other brand markings will not interfere with the owner's profits.