A Carolina Hurricanes blog with occasional news about the rest of the NHL.

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Nucks poised to finish off Stars

Tonight in Dallas, the Canucks will have the chance to finish off the Stars and advance to the round of eight. Meanwhile, Ottawa will have that same chance against Pittsburgh.

I can't claim to be an honest-to-goodness Nucks fan. Sure, I bought a hat. Sure, I wear it. Sure, I've been keeping a close eye on them in the playoffs. They're still a distant second to my Canes, though.

Recently, one of my hockey-loving coworkers was baffled by my new lid and didn't think I was for real. He said "okay.. aside from the Sedins, cane you name even two players from the Canucks?" I think he expected me to name one and admit that I'm a fraud. First off, I'll openly admit that I'm a fraud and a charlatan, but I was still able to reel off a few without hesitation "Roberto Luongo, Markus Naslund, Mattias Ohland, Matt Cooke, Trevor Linden, Rory Fitzpatrick, ummmm. ummm..." I'm trying, though. Heck, I don't think I could name that many players on the Capitals, and they're in the freaking Southeast division.

Anyway, the Nucks will look to advance, and I'll be looking to hone my Nuck fan skills.

Take the time to check out The Crazy Canucks, which is a Canucks roundtable. It's run by (among others) JJ Guerrero (Canucks Hockey Blog) and Alanah McGinley (Canucks and Beyond), who are two of my long-time favorite hockey bloggers. As part of this project, they have a podcast which you can listen to and subscribe to from the site. They were featured on TV in Vancouver for their efforts.

These are good peeps, and while I can't physically be there with them to root on the Nucks, I'll be raising a pint for them.

Later, I'll give due props to some of my other favorite playoff hockey bloggers.

No comments:

disclaimer

Red And Black Hockey is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Carolina Hurricanes Hockey Club, the National Hockey League or any of its other member clubs. The opinions expressed herein are entirely those of RBH. Any comments made are the opinion of the commenter, and not necessarily that of RBH.
Whenever possible, RBH uses its own photography. Any incidental use of copyrighted material including photography, logos or other brand markings will not interfere with the owner's profits.