A Carolina Hurricanes blog with occasional news about the rest of the NHL.

Saturday, December 31, 2005

Happy New Year, You're My Only Vice

This shall be the last post of 2005, so I'd like to wish everyone a pleasant 2006 filled with many jaw-dropping goals, eye-popping saves, and brain rattling body checks.

This calendar year has been filled with lots of ups and downs, and on a personal level some really unfortunate stuff. I'll be looking forward to a better year in 2006. Most importantly, I hope I'm still going to home games in June.

I'll be heading out to the game shortly, and I'll probably stay sober tonight. How fun is that? Maybe a beer or two before the game, but I'll be driving tonight, and there's no sense in taking chances on New Year's Eve, with all the "crazies" out there. Especially with my new wheels and all.

Click the post title for an iTunes file of my favorite "New Year" song. Happy New Year by Camera Obscura. Primary assist goes to my friend Reid, who used the same gimmick in his first post of 2005. Yeah, I know. It's hard to believe, but I have friends. It's even harder to believe that I have friends who don't like hockey. He's one of them.

Note: the link only works if you have iTunes installed. If not, ... sorry. I'm too lazy to convert it to mp3.

No comments:

disclaimer

Red And Black Hockey is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Carolina Hurricanes Hockey Club, the National Hockey League or any of its other member clubs. The opinions expressed herein are entirely those of RBH. Any comments made are the opinion of the commenter, and not necessarily that of RBH.
Whenever possible, RBH uses its own photography. Any incidental use of copyrighted material including photography, logos or other brand markings will not interfere with the owner's profits.